Dental Hygienists can…
1. See patients directly.
2. Take a medical history.
3. Examine the oral cavity inc detailed gum assessment and oral cancer check.
4. Prescribe radiographs.
5. Give oral health advice inc smoking cessation.
6. Undertake professional cleaning of teeth and implants.
7. Apply fluoride and fissure sealants.
8. Give local anaesthetic.
9. Take impressions of teeth.
10. Place temporary fillings and recement crowns temporarily.
11. Work with dentists to improve oral health.
Dental Hygienists cannot…
1. Place permanent fillings and crowns.
2. Carry out root treatments or extractions.
3. Hygienists can refer patients to dentists for treatment outwith their scope of practice.
Appointments can be booked in person, by telephone on 0141 334 2550 or by online booking. Look forward to meeting with you, regards all the team at Ciao Paolo Dental.
454 Crow Road, Glasgow, G11 7DR
Freedom of information Scotland Act.