COVID-19 update 20/06/2
Following advice from Scottish government
We are now in a position to begin arranging face to face URGENT CARE WHERE APPROPRIATE for our patients.The date we will be able to reopen is WED 01/07/20.
Urgent care includes infection management, bleeding, trauma, oral cancer concerns.
We are limited to seeing up to a maximum of 10 patients per day.
Please allow us to manage your expectations-although our practice is open you will be referred to urgent care hubs for complex extractions or the opening up of a tooth for root canal treatment and any treatment involving an aerosol. What we may offer you is very limited and no way comparable to the normal delivery of dental care.
We have more information about virtual consultations on our website.
As you maybe aware there is an updated attendance policy in line with legislation and guidance.
There are a number of changes patients should be aware of.
1) Patients may only be seen by appointment to maintain social distancing.
2) We will ask you to fill out medical forms remotely before attending.
3) Our practice will contact you to assess your risk status and also your health as well as the health of the rest of your household..
4) Please attend alone if possible.Please arrive at your appointed time and if travelling by car wait in the car and we will call you to attend. If walking in call the intercom on arrival.We will meet you and provide you with a mask which you must wear at all times and escort you to the waiting room where you will be asked to sanitise your hands then move into the surgery when ready.Coats and jackets will be placed in a box.
Please observe cough etiquette use a tissue or sleeve and dispose of used tissue safely
Please note the toilet should not be used unless absolutely necessary.
5) Payment should be made with a contactless transaction.
6) You will be asked to carry out hand hygiene before you leave.
All dental staff will be wearing personal protective equipment in line with recommendations. There will be one patient in at a time. Reception screen is present at the desk and air filtration in operation. Some of the protective equipment is bulky and reduces our ability to communicate as easily many apologies. We will still be taking care of you as best we can!
If you have been unwell or have had a temperature or have lost your sense of taste or smell, best to delay attending for a month.
If you are a patient in a shielded group or self isolating you should remain at home.
No routine care can be provided until lockdown restrictions are eased.
Dental examinations shall follow as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued support.
All at Ciao Paolo.
COVID-19 update 10/06/20
Important news regarding our practice reopening.
I wanted to update you on the situation for re opening dental practices during Covid. As you may have read practices are opening in England but in Scotland a decision on re opening will not be made until June 18 at the earliest. We will be in touch after this date with more clarity and detailed information. In the meantime please contact us for any advice. Our urgent dental care hubs remain the access point for urgent dental care and you may be referred there by Paula our practice manager. Apologies for the long break in dental services but as you can appreciate our hands are tied and we will follow Scottish government guidelines at all times.
Hope you are able to enjoy the lovely weather out there.
COVID-19 update 03/05/20
We are planning for your safety and reassurance when we reopen after lockdown.
As part of our plan we will:
1. Reduce the numbers of appointments to restrict patient numbers in the waiting room-one at a time.
2. We will operate contactless arrivals departures and payments - fill in your forms before you come to the practice. The only contact should be in the treatment rooms which are, and always have been, fully sterilised between patients.
3. Adopt enhanced measures within the treatment rooms to make the environment safe for everyone.
Keeping everyone safe is our priority.
We will be in regular contact by email over the next weeks and months to keep you updated.
Ciao Paolo dental
Covid -19 update 25/03/20
In line with current guidance we regret that we MUST stop providing dental care at this time.Patients with a dental emergency you are advised to contact the practice for further guidance, but no routine treatment can be provided at this time.We thank you for all your understanding and cooperation.
The Ciao paolo team
Covid -19 update 18/03/20
We want to reassure you here at Ciao paolo we are doing our very best daily to ensure all or patients and staff are well cared for and protected.
As per advice from the Chief Medical Officer for Scotland , advising us that as of today Wednesday 18th March, all dental practices across Scotland will be severely limited as to the dental procedures we are allowed to provide.
We are not permitted to do any aerosol generating procedures. This will affect the treatments we can provide. We can still provide your routine dental examination. Dentures can still be provided.
For any dental emergencies please call the practice on 0141 334 2550.
We will be contacting all patients with appointments as soon as we can.
We have no indication in the guidelines as to how long we expect this situation to continue but we provide you with further updates as we get more information.
We have taken these measures to safeguard everyone’s health and well being at this time. We would like to thank you for your support and co-operation.
The Ciao paolo team